The International Research Team (IRT) is currently looking for a highly-motivated junior consultant with a passion for research to support the development of our portfolio of projects for a wide range of European, international and national institutional and non-governmental clients such as the EU, World Bank, OECD, UNICEF, UNDP, national ministries, NGOs etc.
At the IRT, we design and implement research studies and evaluation projects in a variety of public policy areas related to, inter alia, education, gender equality, children and minority rights, good governance, civil society and health. We occasionally also work in other areas such as innovation, energy and agriculture.
What will you be doing?
The Junior Consultant will focus on supporting the implementation of research and consultancy projects and will contribute to winning new work. Specifically, your tasks will include:
- Screening and identifying project opportunities on the EU, international and national market
- Contributing to the preparation of proposals including searching and liaising with potential partners, preparing some parts of the technical proposals and gathering administrative documents required;
- Undertaking qualitative and qualitative data collection and analysis within smaller and larger projects
- Providing high-quality written contributions to reports and other research and consultancy outputs
- Building and strengthening relationships with other Ecorys offices, potential clients and partners to enhance the team’s chances to acquire new work;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international development, law, economics, sociology, public policy, politics or a related discipline or a PhD (on-going or completed);
- Some work experience in research and/or evaluations as demonstrated by your CV;
- Solid quantitative and qualitative research skills, proficiency in software such as excel, Stata, SPSS, SurveyMonkey will be an advantage;
- Familiarity with the EU and international institutional landscape, traineeship experience in one of the EU/international organisations will be an advantage;
- Interest in one or more of the following areas: education, labour market, gender equality, governance, civil society, health agriculture, innovation etc.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills; and
- Fluency in English (at C2 level) and Polish. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage.
What we offer?
- Permanent full-time or part-time employment contract;
- Benefit package;
- Competitive salary;
- Challenging job in a professional and multinational environment;
- Personal growth opportunities in a growing company; and
- Opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge by working alongside highly experienced policy specialists.
Interested candidates should send their CV, a short pen profile (max. ½ a page) and a sample of writing to email@example.com, with information in the email subject: "Junior Consultant for IRT". While recruitment is continuous, interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as it is possible.
We encourage you to apply and join our team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.